For the Latest News and Updates – please click on the News page on the top menu (all notices are in date order)
LATEST UPDATES FROM THE PARISH COUNCILLORS as at 8 July 2020
- There are changes to the Electoral Roll and how its compiled by Councils. Some of the key changes that we need to be aware of are:
New laws will allow Councils to now use by default mobile phone texting and emailing when compiling the electoral roll. (paper data gathering such as posted forms to households may still be used, but these new laws means there will be an even greater shift towards electronic canvassing by default instead).
- Electronic processing will bring costs down and both quicken & simplify the process.
- It will also reduce exposing council staff and the public to paper data forms….which could pose a contamination risk in challenging times such as the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
- Councils will also be given more time to compile the register and so the deadline for the final published register will be extended from 1 December each year to 1 February in the following year. [an extra 2 Months of data gathering].
To find out more you can click here on this Government News Update page.
- The Ledbury Recycling Centre opens Wed 8 July. YOU MUST BOOK YOUR SLOT ONLINE IN ADVANCE here. You will need to enter your PostCode, find your address from the pull-down list of properties, selet the centre from the centres available and also enter your car registration number. You will be given the available days/time-slots (that have not already been booked). Simply select one, and confirm reservation, and you will be emailed an appointment pass which is numbered and which will need to be printed and displayed on your car dash. (or shown on a mobile phone when asked at the gate). NB:Wednesday 8 July is fully booked (as at 3pm on 7 July). Also please remember only 2 visits are allowed every 14 days per household and please remember to turn up at the correct time.
- WANTED 3 x Parish Councillors and 1 x Footpath Officer for the Parish. Please contact the Parish Council Clerk (Mary) for futher info via our “Contact” page.
- Draft Minutes from the most recent WHPC Meeting [held on Thursday 25 June] are now available on this website here.
- Pool Piece – re-opened on Saturday July 4th. In line with recently announced Government Guidance for England (which can be found here), Wellington Heath Parish Council have taken the decision that Pool Piece can once again be used by the community. It should however be noted that none of the seating or play equipment will be subject to any sanitisation regime. Therefore under these circumstances parents / guardians must take their own decision as to whether to allow their children to use the seating or play equipment or not. Notices to such effect will be displayed. All currently applicable social distancing and gathering guidance issued by the Government must continue to be observed in this area.
- The Wellington Heath Memorial Hall remains CLOSED until furhter notice
- Letter of thanks to the Herefordshire Community – 9 June 2020. The Dowager Countess of Darnley HM Lord-Lieutenant of Herefordshire, Susan Darnley, has published a letter addressed to all those living and working in Herefordshire for their hard work and diligence these past few Months in tackling the pandemic. The letter can be seen by clicking here.
- There are roadworks schedule for near our Parish:
- C1174 – C1175 to C1165, Coddington [Between junction at Broad Oak Farm and junction, as marked]
Highway Works – Surface Dressing – Combi Works
Preparatory Works – Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Surface Dressing – Tuesday, 11 August 2020
White Lining – Wednesday, 19 August 2020
You can search for planned roadworks by visiting: https://one.network/ Then searching for “Ledbury (Wellington Heath)” in the search box. (select the time period such as “Next two weeks” from the pull-down box of time periods above).
For the latest Coronavirus Information, News on a new Volunteer Support Group setup by Pat Beaumont and Sue Barnes and other important community-driven information be sure to visit the Village Website by clicking here.
Mike Bain/Richard Lee-Buxton will be updating the village website site on a regular basis with up-to-date help and advice
Wellington Heath Councillors are:
Jennifer Jones (Chair)
David Williams (Vice-Chair & Chair of Planning Committee)
4th Councillor – vacancy
5th Councillor – vacancy
Clerk: Mary Barnett
Tel: 01531 635103