Minutes 2016 July 26

Minutes of a meeting of Wellington Heath Parish Council held on Tuesday 26th July 2016 in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm

Present – Cllrs. J. Jones (in the Chair – JJ) F. Rozelaar (FR) and D. Williams (DW).

Also attending were Mr. David Packman and the Clerk.

Minutes – The Minutes of the meeting held on 31st May 2016 were taken as read, confirmed and signed by the Chairman subject to one small addition regarding a response to CIL.

Declarations of Interest in items on the Agenda – none declared.

County Councillor Report – None available as Cllr. Liz Harvey was away.

Reports on previous items –

  1. Road at Swallow Farm – Nothing further to report.

  2. Replacement Notice Board at Memorial Hall – Mr. Packman advised he had investigated the various boards available and had viewed the board at Credenhill, Hereford which he thought would be the type required for the Village Hall. On a proposal by the Chairman, seconded by DW and carried, it was agreed to order a new board once confirmation had been received regarding the price quoted and suggested time for delivery. It was also agreed the Parish Council did not want any sign lettering at the top of the board indicating “Wellington Heath Parish Council” but would want toughened glass. It was hoped the new board could be in situ before the winter of 2016/17.

Items for consideration

  1. Speed Indicator device – it was decided this was not required during 2016.

  2. Hedge Cutting – G. Kirk had advised FR of his plan for hedge cutting for the year and that the Parish Council cuts were on the list – he had been given the go ahead. The hedge cutting was discussed at length and it was unanimously agreed that this arrangement needed to be on a “formal basis” rather than the ad hoc basis which existed at present. The Chairman agreed to speak with Gordon Kirk to finalise the arrangements and ascertain how many people have their hedges cut which form part of the Parish Council’s agreed responsibility.

The Chairman agreed to look into the possibility of the “electronic route” for both the hedge cutting and the neighbourhood watch scheme as had been suggested in the Parish Plan. It was also agreed to ask Debbie Harrisson if she would be prepared to include a bulletin in the Newsletter about the Neighbourhood Watch and Mr. Packman advised that West Mercia have now changed how they send out information regarding neighbourhood watch schemes. FR advised the new Parish Council website has a “feedback system” and suggested we might wish to use this facility in the future in a different way to suit our needs. The Chairman agreed to report back at the next meeting.

  1. Bus Service – a new consultation to run until 16th October was planned by Herefordshire Council. Whilst it was hoped the service covering Wellington Heath might be reasonably safe as the service included travel to Malvern so the scheme was jointly covered by both Herefordshire & Worcestershire Councils. In an attempt to encourage residents to take part in the Consultation, DW agreed to display notices at bus stops in the Parish and also display them on the various notice boards.

July 2016/10

Financial matters – The Clerk advised the following Accounts were due for payment –

  • Lengthsman £120.00.
  • Shaw & sons, Receipts & Payments book £70.80.
  • F. Rozelaar, travelling expenses re HC Planning meeting £18.95.
  • D. Darwood, repayment expenses re Pool Piece. £203.75.

On a proposal by DW, seconded by JJ and carried, these accounts were approved for payment and cheques signed accordingly.

Reports –

Memorial Hall – JJ advised no changes to members had taken place at AGM. Hall had been revalued and members checking whether current insurance level is correct. Looking for volunteers to help out on a casual basis and advised that all the cap equipment had not yet been sold. Various fund raising events planned in the future.

Lengthsman & P3 – FR advised that during a torrential downpour, much of the surface of the steps at Ochre Hill had been washed away. Now looking at diversion to take away some of the water from the top of the hill, but the Administrator said he had been unsuccessful in making contact with the Lengthsman recently. Blocked drain in Floyds Lane had been reported and work has been scheduled to be done.

Planning – FR advised development at Pippins had been approved with conditions. No news on the proposed travellers site but a consultation is planned in future regarding this type of site. Nothing has been heard regarding the development at The Becks but he advised that the planned three dwellings at Fir Tree Cottage had been approved. Recent application received regarding The Farmers Arms which involved moving the fire door and a change in the roofing from slate to tile, and it was agreed there should be no objections to this application as the tiles proposed to be used appeared suitable.

FR also advised he had been invited and had attended a meeting at Uplands with Richard Pugh’s Planning Officer which was also attended by the Enforcemnent Officer from Herefordshire Council and advised he had found the meeting quite informative and beneficial.

NDP – DW advised Data Orchard in the process of re-drafting the draft plan and had included some useful comments before it is ready for presentation to the community including some changes which the Working Group might wish to include and which are permitted within Planning law. The expenses will be monitored but it may be necessary to draw on part of the funds set aside for the NDP within the Parish Council’s budget for the year.

Cluster Group – FR advised nothing further to report.

Public Question time – Mr. Packman advised he had nothing further to raise.

Councillor Reports – DW advised on information he had received regarding the suggested installation of a defibrillator which involved expense, maintenance and a team of volunteers on hand in the event of a call out and he was of the opinion that one is not required at Wellington Heath but recommended that the Heartstart training should continue on a regular basis.

July 2016/11.

Correspondence & Literature received –

  • Lloyds Bank advising changes and updates on the business accounts.
  • Confirmation from Lloyds Bank that the Mandate had been updated as requested.
  • Clerks & Councils direct magazine for July 2016.
  • Ledbury Town Plan 2016 (handed to FR).
  • Letter – Pensions Regulator advised that PC had complied with pension regulations, and the Clerk confirmed again that she did not wish to receive a pension.
  • Sandbag request form (if any are required) which the Parish Council now have to purchase – previously supplied free of charge.
  • Balfour Beatty invitation to Traffic Regulations Order workshop on 4th August 2016.
  • MHDC – AONB newsletter forwarded to all.
  • Lengthsman funding had now been repaid for 2015/16 following the error by Balfour Beatty.
  • VAT repayment had been received.
  • Update on Bank account balances.

Dates were agreed as follows – 4th October 2016, 29th November 2016 and 5th January 2017 for future meetings to ensure that all meetings were quorate due to the fact that the Parish Council were running on three elected Councillors as opposed to the required number of six – it was hoped future members could be co-opted in the near future.

There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.35pm.

Signed……………………………………………………. dated……………………………….

Chairman.