Draft Minutes

Minutes of a meeting of Wellington Heath Parish Council held on Tuesday 30th January 2018 in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

Present – Councillors J. Jones (in the Chair) F. Rozelaar (FR) D. Williams (DW) and D. Packman (DP).

Minutes – The Minutes of the Extra Ordinary meeting held on 20th December 2017 were taken as read, confirmed and signed by the Chairman.

Declarations of Interest in items on the Agenda – none received.

Open Session – The County Councillor was not in attendance and no members of the public attended.

Update Reports

Notice Boards

  1. The Chairman agreed to check whether the board at Staplow had been removed and if not, it was agreed to ask Ledbury Fencing to remove this as soon as possible.

  2. DP agreed to put a polite notice on boards regarding removal of Notices once the date had expired and check the boards on a regular basis.

  3. FR and DW agreed to take photos of the water/damp problem on the new board at the Memorial Hall so that these could be sent off by the Clerk to the firm which supplied the board.

Defibrillator – DW advised that the sum of £556. had been raised on New Year’s Eve at the Farmers Arms towards the cost of the installation of a defibrillator in the old telephone kiosk at Pool Piece, and also advised that additional fund raising was planned to be held. He confirmed that at the fund raising event a specimen cabinet had been displayed by Heart Safe which appeared to be suitable for installation and on a proposal by FR seconded by DP and carried, it was agreed that DW submit an application for a grant from Friends of Ledbury and District Healthcare. The cost had been indicated to be around £2,000 plus VAT minus the £556. raised towards the cost.

It was hoped installation would take place later in the year once the kiosk had been repaired and painted and DW will take up the matter of the electricity supply to the kiosk with BT direct.

Items for consideration

  1. Sign at Beggars Ash – Clerk to ask Councillor Liz Harvey to arrange for removal of this sign from its present position opposite Horse Road. DP also agreed to take up the re-positioning of the signage for The Swallow/The Common with Neil James.

  2. Memorial Hall boundary – new boundary had been established with the owner of The Copse following removal of some of the trees and the Chairman agreed to talk about a new boundary fence to mark the boundary with the Memorial Hall Committee.

January 2018/17

Financial matters – The Clerk advised the following Accounts had been received for payment –

  • Lengthsman January 2018 £68.00.
  • Data Orchard, NDP work £1,870.20 ex vat.

On a proposal by the Chairman seconded by DP and carried the above Accounts were approved for payment and cheques signed.

NDP – DW advised that there had been an overspend on the amount on the Grant received from Data Orchard. The Council had requested £2,484. but grant had been reduced to £2,418. Charges for publicity and printing, hire charges etc had come in slightly higher than anticipated. Discussion followed when Councillors agreed they could not see any problem as additional NDP funding had been included in the Budget for both 2017/18 and 2018/19.

DW advised there was no immediate need for a top up in the petty cash funding for the NDP.

Reports

  1. Memorial Hall – JJ advised welcome party for new residents had been well attended. Some chairs from the hall being cleaned and arrangements in hand for annual spring clean. Insurance company changed with no legal cover and they are trying to obtain this cover. Bank account has been changed following closure of Branch in Ledbury.

  2. Lengthsman/P3 – Update given on expenditure until end of December 2017. Account submitted and part payment received from Lengthsman Grant of £342.80. “Expression of Interest form” completed for the year 2018/19. Account opened at Bradfords in Ledbury to facilitate purchase of materials for 2018/19.

Planning –

  • FR advised appeal for the travellers site had been heard that day.

  • Old School House – meeting arranged with Mr. Holbrook.

  • Three houses behind The Croft had been approved.

  • Five Houses on land belonging to Bob Rock had still not been determined.

  • Myrtle Cottage – going to full Planning Committee for consideration.

NDP – FR advised this is in the “consultation” period with nothing further to report.

Website – nothing further to report.

Information Sheet had been submitted to Councillors prior to meeting.

Date of next meeting to take place on Tuesday 27th March 2018.

There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.45pm.

Signed…………………………………………………………………………. Dated……………………………..

Chairman.