MINUTES of a meeting of Wellington Heath Parish Council held on Tuesday 17th November 2015 held in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm
Attending – Cllrs. J. Jones (in the Chair – JJ) F. Rozelaar (FR) and D. Williams (DW).
Also attending was Mr. Packman and the Clerk.
Minutes – The Minutes of the meeting held on 29th September 2015 were taken as read, confirmed and signed by the Chairman.
Declarations of Interest in items on the Agenda – None received.
The County Councillor was not in attendance so no report/update available.
Update Reports –
1) Road outside Swallow Farm – Herefordshire Council had advised that the resurfacing had not been able to take place due to the fact that they had been unable to reach agreement with the land owner . There appeared to be total stalemate and it was agreed to ask Cllr Liz Harvey whether she could intervene in the matter.
2) Pool Piece stream – the cause of the pollution had been found and the matter was in hand.
3) Little Pleck tree work – the Chairman said she had not received any reply from Ben Andrews who had agreed to deal with the problem, but the matter was still ongoing.
Items for consideration –
a) Proposed Aldi store for Ledbury – The Clerk had forwarded to all Councillors a copy of the correspondence regarding the proposal. FR reported he had looked at the plans and was quite happy about the proposed supermarket.
b) Budget for 2016/17 – The Finance Committee had met and the budget proposal had been displayed on the notice board at the Memorial Hall. No comments had been received and the budget was agreed and approved as drawn in the sum of £8,395. and was signed by the Chairman.
c) Precept for 2016/17 – The Finance Committee had proposed a precept of £8,000. and notices had again been displayed on the notice board at the Memorial Hall. Again no adverse comments had been received and it was unanimously agreed that a Precept of £8,000 (Eight thousand pounds) should be forwarded to Herefordshire Council for the year 2016/17.
Financial – the following Accounts had been received for payment –
- Inland Revenue, PAYE (November & December 2015) £120.00.
- Lengthsman services for October £25.00.
- Lengthsman P3 expenditure £110.00.
- HALC – website wonder training x 2 £50.00.
On a proposal by the Chairman seconded by DW and carried these accounts were approved for payment and cheques signed accordingly.
- Memorial Hall – the Chairman advised it had been agreed an in depth clean of the floor should take place at a cost of about £1800 to be carried out in August 2016 as the hall will need to be closed for two weeks. New rules will come into effect for how chairs should be stacked. Outside fence had been damaged by a runaway car and recent events in the Hall had proved profitable. Party for new parishioners had been arranged.
- Lengthsman/P3 schemes – FR advised gates have been fitted and Ledbury Fencing asked to give a Quotation for Ochre Hill steps. The Clerk reported on the balance in hand carried forward from 2014/15 for these schemes and dependent upon the cost of the proposed work in Ochre Hill, it would then be decided whether any additional funding under these schemes was required for the current year.
- NDP – Meeting in the Hall had been arranged to discuss Questionnaire and it was hoped that the Questionnaire would be distributed after Christmas. ( It was noted in the paper that Ledbury NDP group had been dissolved with immediate effect). Landscape Survey progressing well and it was planned to hold an event in the Village Hall in February 2016.
- Cluster Group – FR reported on latest Group meeting which had looked at the Governance Review, the Lengthsman schemes which will continue for 2/3 years under the present funding arrangement and he advised that many Parish Councils are now attending to potholes under the Scheme. It was also reported that Balfour Beatty have now appointed an “Enforcement Officer” and finally, that the Budget meeting will take place in March 2016 with the continued threat of cuts to the local bus services.
- Planning – FR advised that there was no determination regarding Fir Tree Cottage, the development at Chances Pitch had again been withdrawn, and that the development at Ochre Hill has been approved with many conditions attached including access to the site.
- HALC – DW had attended the recent East Herefordshire HALC meeting from which it appeared that Wellington Heath Parish Council was the only PC who did not have their own website. Following the advice given at the recent training session attended by JJ and DW, the Clerk was to speak with Malcolm Walker at HALC regarding the fact that the Parish Council now have no access to a website at all having taken up the advice given by HALC that they should not continue with the shared website offered by the Memorial Hall.
Correspondence received – Letter from Aldi regarding proposed development of a store in Ledbury, Governance Review instructions and that the Precept for 2016/17 had to be lodged by 31st December 2015. The gift monies had also been received from Community Voluntary Action following the success of the development at Pool Piece and the Clerk reported on the present financial situation.
Public Question Time – Mr. Packman was unhappy about inactivity on Neighbourhood Watch and enquired whether the PC have had any dealings with the Safe Neighbourhood Scheme. He was advised this was mentioned at the East Herefordshire HALC Meeting and it suggested that the PC invite PC Paul Crumpton to attend the Parish meeting to give a talk on the various schemes.
FR agreed to look into the replacement of the notice board at the Memorial Hall as it was generally felt that the existing one was beyond repair.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.40Pm. The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 26th January 2016.