Minutes January 2016

Minutes of a meeting of Wellington Heath Parish Council held on Tuesday, 26th
January 2016 in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm

Present – Cllrs.J. Jones (in the Chair-JJ) D. Williams (DW) and F. Rozelaar (FR).
Also in attendance were four members of the public, County Councillor L. Harvey and the Clerk.

Minutes – The Minutes of the meeting held on 17th November 2015 were taken as read, confirmed and signed by the Chairman.
Declarations of Interest in items on the Agenda – none received.

County Councillor report – Cllr. L Harvey confirmed that the planning application for the caravans at Uplands Farm had been declined. She advised she had asked for a report from the Enforcement Officer concerning the previous development of the site and a status report on the large caravan which has been on site for many years. Other items of interest concerned the Budget which was to be set by Herefordshire Council next week, suggested changes to the Lengthsman scheme which may result, in the future, on Parish Councils being asked to fund the Lengthsman scheme themselves, transport subsidies, funding for libraries and the expected larger cut of funding from Central Government. FR advised the Parish Council had commented on the Ledbury Town Plan with particular reference to the safe walking route from Wellington Heath into Ledbury and Cllr Harvey thought this might come up under the NDP Plan.

Update Reports –

(1) Road at Swallow Farm – It was reported by Darren Hill that he thought a resolution might have been made in his favour for work to proceed by the end of March 2016.
(2) Little Pleck tree work – JJ advised tree had been taken down and the Account received for payment by the Parish Council. Work to the trees by roadside had not yet been undertaken in conjunction with BT.
(3) New Notice Board at Memorial Hall – Prices would be obtained for consideration at meeting in February.

Items for consideration –

(a) Parish Meeting agreed for 24th May if the Hall was available and the Clerk to enquire whether PC Paul Crumpton could attend to talk on Neighbourhood Watch policies.
(b) Ledbury Town Plan – had been circulated to all Councillors, and FR had submitted comments with particular regard to the safe walking route into Ledbury.
(c) ROSPA inspection – Clerk to arrange for Wicksteed to carry out inspection, provided costs had not increased dramatically.

Financial matters – The Clerk advised the following Accounts had been received for payment –

• Inland Revenue, PAYE – Jan, Feb & March £180.00.
• Ben Andrews, tree work £180.00.
• Truprint Litho, NDP £128.00.
• Lengthsman, November & December 2015 £88.00.
• W/Heath Memorial Hall hire £84.00. (paid – Dec 2015).
• Carly Tinkler, NDP £2,150.00. (paid – Dec 2015)
• Carly Tinkler, NDP £500.00. (paid – Dec 2015).
• Aldine print, NDP £460.80. (paid – Dec 2015)
• Aldine print, NDP (incorrect calculation) balance £30.00.
• AONB, re NDP £500.00.
January 2016/02
• Petty cash, to make up balance £246.23.
• Kevin Reid, maintenance Pool Piece £150.00.
• Data Orchard £1,241.80.
• Andrew Strong, prize draw. £25.00.
• Richard Hurley, expenses incurred £24.96.

On a proposal by FR seconded by DW and carried, the above Accounts were approved for payment and cheques signed accordingly. It was also confirmed that the Accounts marked as paid had previously been paid during December to ensure payment within timescale of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Grant obtained.

Reports –

(a) Memorial Hall – full report to be available at next meeting.
(b) Lengthsman/P3 Schemes – Quotation received for Ochre Hill Steps at £930 which was agreed in the hope that work could be carried out before end of financial year. Clerk reported on the advice received from Herefordshire Council that these schemes will be subject to change in future years, and had sought confirmation that, despite the carry forward sum from the last financial year, our funding for 2015/16 and 2016/17 remained available.
(c) NDP – progressing well and consultation meeting arranged for 19th March 2016.
(d) Cluster Group – Nothing to report, but FR hoped to arrange a meeting in April.
(e) Planning – the Chairman closed the Parish Council meeting to allow public participation in the application concerning three properties on land at The Becks and it was unanimously agreed to object to this application. FR reported on the application and the Parish Council response for Pegs Farm and it was proposed there were no objections for proposed extension at H|gh View on the Ledbury Road.
The Parish Council meeting was re-opened.

Correspondence – copy of draft Ledbury Town Plan which had been e-mailed to all Councillors and the spring edition of Clerks & Councils Direct.

Councillor Reports – none received.

There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed with the date of the next Council meeting agreed for 29th March 2016.