Minutes March 2016
Minutes of a meeting of Wellington Heath Parish Council held on
Tuesday, 29th March 2016 in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm
Present – Cllrs.J. Jones (JJ – in the Chair) F. Rozelaar (FR) and D. Williams (DW).
Also attending – Mrs.Catherine Gent and the Clerk.
Minutes – The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 26th January 2016 were taken as read, confirmed and signed by the Chairman.
Declarations of Interest in items on the Agenda – none declared.
County Councillor Report – not in attendance.
Update on outstanding issues –
(1) Road at Swallow Farm – Planning application in for work at Swallow Farm and once the retaining wall is built, this will enable work to the road to be undertaken but no further information available at this time.
(2) Replacement Notice Board at Memorial Hall – no further information received from David Packman who had agreed to obtain Quotation for this replacement. The Chairman agreed to contact him to enquire the present position.
(3) ROSPA inspection at Pool Piece – booked with Wicksteed – normally takes place in May.
(4) HALC – DW reported he had attended meeting on 17th March when Cathy Berkeley from Balfour Beatty had attended. Of particular interest was the advice that the highways repair budget had been reduced from £8m last year down to £1.6m this year. Other items under discussion had been advice on Lengthsman training and that Louise Gregg was the Liaison Officer/Co-ordinator for this project; Linda Wilcox now training as NDP adviser; Balfour Beatty responsible for flood signage but roadside gulleys are the responsibility of the land owner and that although the Parish Council had not received any funding under the Transparency Act, this was still available and W/Heath remain on the list for funding for their new website and purchase of a computer and printer.
(5) Renewal of Lengthsman/P3 schemes – Expression of Interest and plan had been lodged for 2016/17; the Clerk confirmed she had submitted Invoices for payment of grant for 2015/16 and reported that the carry forward of funding for 2015/16 had been cleared. The payment by BACS into Account had been incorrectly sent to us rather than to Wellington Parish Council and a cheque in repayment of £1,106.37 had been requested and forwarded to Hereford Council.
Items for consideration –
(a) CIL (Community Infastructure Levy) – FR advised that no comments had been included about the road under the viaduct for the new housing development in Ledbury but that it had assumed thirty houses per hectare. He felt that no formal response was required from the Parish Council.
(b) Website – training to be undertaken on 14th April 2016 for the new P/Council website.
(c) Roadside trees around Village – the Chairman felt there were many trees around the Village which required attention and Councillors requested to bring forward to another meeting any trees which they felt were in need of cutting back particularly from overhead cables or similar.
(d) Parish Meeting – Clerk confirmed Paul Crumpton from West Mercia police had agreed to attend to talk on Herefordshire Watch Scheme. Other final arrangements were agreed for meeting on 24th May 2016 in the Memorial Hall commencing at 7.30pm.
Financial – the Clerk advised the following Accounts were due for payment –
Inland Revenue, PAYE £60.00.
Eyelid Productions – website £500.00.
Truprint Litho, NDP printing £128.00.
Truprint Litho, newsletter £250.00.
Lengthsman – February £25.00.
Lengthsman at Ochre Hill, completion £855.00.
Herefordshire Council, election charge £34.60.
R. Hurley, dog bin bags £19.68.
Lengthsman – January £75.00. (previously paid).
Lengthsman at Ochre Hill £930.00. (previously paid).
Clerk’s allowances & expenses to year end £178.28.
Balfour Beatty, SIDS deployment (x2) £300.00.
HALC – affiliation fee 2016/17 £340.60.(to be paid in April)
On a proposal by DW seconded by FR and carried, these Accounts were approved for payment and cheques signed accordingly.
It was agreed DW should become a cheque signatory for the Council and the Clerk was arranging for the necessary paperwork to be completed.
(1) Memorial Hall – JJ advised village party in July had been cancelled; cleaning would take place during April, new law for insurance which should be responded to within 24hrs; checks to be made on whether the Committee are under insured since the rebuild, two new members on the Management Committee and advised that the hall will be closed for two weeks in August to enable the floor to be resurfaced.
(2) Lengthsman/P3 – Plan submitted for next year. Ongoing maintenance provisional figure of about £50 a month which will leave funding for improvements similar to those recently undertaken at Ochre Hill.
(3) NDP – Consultation evening held – update to be included in the next Newsletter. Next meeting of NDP group planned for 20th April.
(4) Planning – FR reported on several planning applications recently received. Catherine Gent was invited to make her comments on the Farmers Arms planning application and produced several photographs and documents in the hope that the Parish Council would support her objections to the proposal.
(5) Cluster Group – FR advised nothing to report.
Correspondence/Literature – Clerk reported on correspondence received.
Public Question Time – Mrs. Catherine Gent commented on her objections to the proposed development at The Farmers Arms.
Councillor Reports and items for future Agendas – No particular items received for discussion but to include usual update reports.
Risk Assessment & Asset Register – Copies of both had been forwarded to Councillors for their information and it was agreed there were no changes during the current year.
New Councillors – The need to co-opt further Councillors remained a priority.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.30pm
Next meeting will be Parish Meeting on 24th May 2016 followed by the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on 31st May 2016.
Signed ………Jennifer Jones……………………………………. Dates – 31st May 2016